Saturday, June 19, 2010

Abortion Reality Check

This space has discussed abortion from many different angles. Sometimes it is important to revisit the basics of an issue. Let us remember that abortion always kills a child, and that it very frequently injures, in numerous ways, the mother of that child. Folks with access to the internet are encouraged to visit www.abortiontruth.com for photographs of the results of an abortion. Here's what Karen Sullivan Ables experienced during and after her abortion:

"I could feel the baby being torn from my insides. It was really painful...Three quarters of the way through the operation I sat up...In the cylinder I saw bits and pieces of my little child floating in a pool of blood. I screamed and jumped off the table. They took me into another room and I started vomiting...I just couldn't stop throwing up...I had nightmares and recurring dreams about my baby. I couldn't work my job. I just laid in bed and cried. Once, I wept so hard I sprained my ribs. Another time while crying, I was unable to breathe and passed out. I was unable to walk on the beach because the playing children would make me cry. Even Pampers [a brand of nappies] commercials would set me into fits of uncontrollable crying."

Ms. Ables' experience is not uncommon. Vastly increased rates of alcohol abuse, drug abuse, depression, suicide attempts, and miscarriages of later pregnancies beset many post-aborted women. Visit www.afterabortion.org for more information about abortion's effects on women.

For the sake of women and their children, may the Kingdom never show respect to abortion. May Swaziland build a culture of love and life.

Rudy Poglitsh
rpoglitsh@live.com
more letters at http://letterstotheTOS.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment